Monday 18 March 2013

Movie Mondays!

Hey Guys!

Today, I'm getting back into the normal swing of things and here we have another new Movie Monday post. This is on an absolute classic that will be overlooked by some younger readers, but to anyone roughly my age and a good ten years older and British will completely understand!
Bridget Jones Diary is a movie adaption of the great book with the same name written by Helen Fielding which was published in 1996. Now I only watched this movie recently because my friend is studying its adaption in Film Studies and I had overlooked it for so long. This 2001 movie is about a single, thirty something female who is looking to loose weight, drop cigarettes and find the love of her life. Being portrayed by Renee Zellweger, she isn't the most pristine woman but she is a funny as hell chick. 

It's a typical movie about waiting for love, when two come along at once and isn't that ALWAYS the way. It offers some amazing eye candy from Colin Firth and Hugh Grant and they also have some AMAZING one liners and scenes. The best being one of the most hysterical fight scenes ever which goes through a restaurant and is so pathetic it's very true to life. I absolutely love how typically British this movie is - even though Renee is the only NOT British thing about this movie, I LOVE her and I love it.



Now if you're not into romance, PLEASE don't rule this out. This movie is hilarious and even my male friends love watching it because Helen Fielding has done an amazing thing and made it relate-able to men as well. They laugh at the jokes, so if your partner says he wont watch it - beg him to reconsider! Also, it's an amazing lesson about love not always coming in the neatest package. Literally most hilarious movie and I would really recommend it to anyone who it has passed by!

What do you think? Have you read the book, would you recommend the movie?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for reading my small and humble blog. I feel genuinely touched that you sit and take the time to read this for me. Any comments would be gratefully received and also replied too, because I want to show you guys just how much you mean to me!