Wednesday 10 April 2013

The Nail Files #2 Magnetic Blue

Hiya guys!

The second case in The Nail Files is a beautiful little blue varnish from Barry M, called Metallic Blue. This gorgeous colour is part of the magnetic range they are doing now. 

If you have not heard of the magnetic colours, have you been living under a rock? These fancy effects are put on with two coats and then you put a magnetic strip over them and boom - they become a different pattern. This is the first of these kind of nail varnishes i've ever tried and I'm not hugely excited by it. 



The colour is absolutely gorgeous! With one coat it's a lighter blue but second coat makes it a dark twilight blue. Both colours of this are perfect on there own. When you then add the metallic that is where the issues happen.


With wide nails, I ended up with a strip of pattern, but plain sides which looked really weird. Secondly, when you put on the top coat: even when it was completely dry, it stripped the pattern from your nail. It made a real mess and ended up looking like tie dye colouring on my nails and i'm not hugely impressed with it's staying power.


I've never had a problem with Barry M but this hasn't been my favourite product - i'll stick to the non-fancy nail varnishes from now on. If you like tie dye though, these might make a pretty idea as they don't look horrific but aren't what I expected at all!


What about you? Have you tried the metallic strip varnishes? Has it gone better for you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for reading my small and humble blog. I feel genuinely touched that you sit and take the time to read this for me. Any comments would be gratefully received and also replied too, because I want to show you guys just how much you mean to me!